[Gllug] cam phone to communicate w pc via usb cable

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Tue Jul 27 10:39:17 UTC 2004

Will Napier wrote:

> However lsusb did. I know it is the 'Prolific Technology' one, because
> when I changed the usb port I attached it to, the listing changed:
>
> [root at localhost <username>]# lsusb
> Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 006 Device 002: ID 046d:c506 Logitech, Inc.
> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 03f0:1004 Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 970c/970cse
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 004 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303
> Serial  Port
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

hiya

this would make sense, my fiancee has one of the e710 phones, and our
old samsung t100 rs232 cable fits it, (but doesnt let u communicate
properly)

i doubt very much that the phone can be used as any kind of block
device, you will probably have to send some obscure escape sequence in
minicom to get it talking,

have you tried exploring the irda option? i vaguely remember that the
software i managed to find on some yugoslav samsung page lets me
transfer images and stuff via irda.

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk