[Gllug] Firewall setup Routing

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Tue Jul 6 15:59:41 UTC 2004

Could try IPCOP, they should be releasing 1.4 soonish, looks good.

www.ipcop.org

-Kristian

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Perry [mailto:gllug at si-designs.co.uk]
Sent: 06 July 2004 16:22
To: Greater London Linux Users Group
Subject: [Gllug] Firewall setup Routing

Hi,

I would like suggestions of a firewall package to handle the following
or an idea of the complexity of rolling my own.

Router 1                           ETH ADSL( internet static IP)
(leased line                                    |
service DHCP)                              |
##################################
#                                                                #
#                Firewall box?                            #
#                                                                #
##################################

                Local area network 20 clients

An application used by all the clients will need to communicate via
calls to a single IP address with router 1 all other traffic will go
over the ADSL, all connections/routing will need NAT'ing. Ideally I
would like a package that has regular security patches so I don't have
to continually monitor, configure and update the software myself.

TIA

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk