[Gllug] wireless print server

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Thu Jul 15 09:09:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:52:14 +0100
Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> wrote:

> I should probably have mentioned that the people wanting to print have
> standard laptops with inbuilt wireless/Bluetooth. They will be using the
> room as a temporary office (with several people in there, although not
> the same people from day to day) so what I'm really trying to do is to
> stop all the time-wasting with unplugging laptops from power/dial-up,
> walking to printer, waiting for colleague, plugging in, printing,
> walking back.  Layout of room makes permanent network impractical.
>
> I'll pursue the Draytek Vigor option and see if that's going to fly.

The wireless draytek's are in our experience a bit flaky. We've had a
surprisingly large proportion of ours give up the ghost for no apparent
reason.  They are very nice if they don't die on you though.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk