[Gllug] Request: Differential SCSI

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Mon Jul 26 16:00:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Ashley Evans wrote:

>HI guys,
>
>I'm looking for an HVD PCI card, if I see another webpage trying to sell
>me a 300gbp Adaptec 2944 I'm going to scream!
>
>This is for one of those projects that may well not get off the ground
>so I'm looking for cheapness here. Please let me know if you have a
>suggestion, or an old card.

Might I ask WTF? HVD is obsolete, hence the high price for the rare cards.

If you're doing a hardware project, you'd be better off buying an old
SPARC and HVD SBUS card, they often come up on ebay. This one looks like
it requires an U1 minimum, but some come up compatible with SS5+:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1486&item=5710724984&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I have an old SS10 you can use if you find a card.

--
    /"\
    / \
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk