[Gllug] re: software patents on dwnloads

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu Jun 17 17:20:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 04:43:20PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 05:36:00PM +0100, Ian wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 03:54:16PM +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
> > > Tim,
> > > Always wondered, but now I have to ask.
> > >
> > > What mail client do you use? It's generaly hard to track your emails, as
> > > you neither maintain the same subject line, nor does you client maintain
> > > references.
> > >
> > > Christian
> > >

> > Looks fine to me :-)
>
> Really?  Did your mail client append the message to which Christian
> replied onto an existing thread in the absence of references headers,
> in-reply-to-headers and with a subject that doesn't match anything else?
> Or is the smiley intended to say "I'm just interrupting uselessly
> for my personal amusement"?

partly :-), but it simply looks like he has typed a new message rather than
replied, which would explain the absence of ref headers (and the subject typo).
In which case, it looks like a perfectly valid (if misplaced) email.

Ian
--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk