[Gllug] Wine experts?

rdrinkwater rdrinkwater at ego-computers.ltd.uk
Tue Jun 29 08:58:51 UTC 2004

Morning folks,

Having read the comments regarding Crossover I decided to use it.  However,
I have run into a problem to which which I hope somebody can supply the (an)
answer.

Crossover loaded with no problems :-)

When I tried to install Office 2000 the M$ install ran but then complained
that it couldn't find a specific file (that was in the CD's root directory)
so aborted :-(

Further investigation (on an M$ PC) showed that the missing file was marked
as "hidden" on the CD.

Mounting the file under Mandrake (8, 9 or 10) and using ls, sure enough the
"hidden" files cannot be seen.

What am I missing (probably something obvious)?  Copying the CD up to a SMB
server (from an M$ PC) and back down to my PC gets round the problem but I
would like to know why Linux is not "seeing" these files.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Roy Drinkwater

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk