[Gllug] [OT?] Please sign my Google petition ...

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jun 9 13:35:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:58:44PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> The problem is all the hackery you have to do for the less compliant
> browsers (and all CSS-compliant browsers have their eccentricities).
> Still, at least it keeps the hackery out of the html.

On something as minor as a table appearing centred or on the left, I'd
be inclined not to hack.  For bigger issues, delivering separate
stylesheets to different browsers (read: delivering one stylesheet to
MSIE, and the standard stylesheet to everyone else) is easy to do.
But I'm tending towards unsophisticated CSS these days, so that one
stylesheet works everywhere, even in MSIE.

Rich.

Learning Objective CAML for C, C++, Perl and Java programmers:
http://www.merjis.com/richj/computers/ocaml/tutorial/