[Gllug] Introduction (not really relevant to anything, just saying hello)

1351 1351 at choronzon.com
Tue Jun 22 16:29:04 UTC 2004

Ashley Evans attempted to get me in trouble for being horrendously OT by
asking:

> What instruments do you play?
A fair number, most of them rather badly, in spite of a fair bit of
training. *g*

Guitar, keyboards, electric bass (I've also played a tiny bit of jazz
double bass, but nothing worth mentioning really), harmonica (much to
the consternation of everyone who knows me), tin whistle (even worse), a
little basic bodhran, and I'm in the process of teaching myself to play
the violin when I can find the solitude required. I can also play the
sequencer, the theremin, and various other electronic tools.

Guitar and keys are what I'm most practiced with. I used to aspire to
black/melodic death metal, but I just don't have the technical ability
for the guitar work (my keyboarding's okay for it). These days I mostly
stick to writing space rock (a la Hawkwind), deathrock (an obscure punk
derivative), and a few varieties of electronica.

In between other projects, I hope to rescue my songwriting from the
various notebooks and tapes it currently occupies and put it up on the
internet, where the whole world will have the opportunity to not listen
to it. *g*

For added geek points, I was involved in composing a song about Doom a
few years back. :)

> May I be the first to ask about being a pornographer or is that to
> OT/bad form for the list?
I'm a fetishist with fancy camera equipment - the result is fairly
obvious, but far too obscene to go into detail about in this forum. *g*
Some friends and I are working on launching a for-love-more-than-profit
pr0n site dedicated to some of our more unusual interests in that area.

K.
your friendly neighbourhood blue-haired deviant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk