[Gllug] Quiet/Silent rackmount switch recommendation?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Jun 22 13:56:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, John Hearns wrote:

> 16 port Sweex brand 10/100 switch for slow control (APC power control
> units). Seems to have no fan.
> So try Sweex, and also Linksys.

Can't say exactly how silent the Sweex is, but it has no fan
so must be silent.
I'm currently being deafened as I'm in the machine room at Bradford Uni,
with plenty of underfloor A/C, racks of servers and our cluster adding
to the din.

I recently put in a Linksys in Imperial for a similar purpose,
and IIRC it had no fan. Bruce points to Corega, and I'd second that.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk