[Gllug] Down in the valley something stirred

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 18:37:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 18:33, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 5:51 pm, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > FWIW I received exactly the same reply word for word [*] from the DTI
> > by post when I wrote to my MP about the software patent business.
> >
> > Rich.
> >
> > [*] Well, I've not actually checked it's completely identical, but
> > it's suspiciously similar.  Perhaps the bit about "discussed by
> > European ministers this week" is different.
>
> Likewise - and it WAS word for word!

The DTI/Patent office are following that line. The best chance of
defeating S/W patents is tactical voting in the European elections. Ask
your MEPs where they stand, and how they intend to vote. Make it clear
that your vote is contingent on their promise to be there for the second
reading, and vote to throw the Council's mess away.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk