[Gllug] news mirror sites

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 18:19:07 UTC 2004

On Tue 29 Jun, Russell Howe wrote:

> Bear in mind the people who you're setting up with this kind of stuff
> could end up bringing attention to themselves and getting themselves in
> bother if the authorities take a dislike to what they're doing.
>
> Especially if the authorities notice a large amount of SSH/IPsec/banned
> words in cleartext coming/going from the PC.

   One thing that bothers me is that I receive a small amount of junk mail
from numerical IP addresses in China. The only clue is the authenticated IP
address, everything else is usually forged.
   It would be nice to be able to inform the owner of a computer that there
is a problem without having to notify the authorities, but that is difficult
enough when there is a common language. A solution may be to have a standard
notice that I could post to the numerical IP address which could attempt to
explain the problem in a language which would be understood. That would have
to assume that the IP address is static, and that an email to the IP address
would be accepted and read.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk