[Gllug] Samba PDC

Craig Millar craig at SHAPERO.com
Fri Jun 18 17:22:26 UTC 2004

Thanks for the responses. Apologies for the cross threading - I had
assumed that threading was done via message subject, it has since been
pointed out to me that it is done using Message-Ids and the
"In-Reply-To" and "References" values.

The machine I am trying to connect has a couple of shares which are
readily revealed using this command: smbclient -L machine-name -U%
This self same machine is able to see my samba server and a quick
nbtstat reveals that it is on the correct domain:

        NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table
    Name               Type         Status
MACHINE-NAME   <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
TESTDOMAIN     <00>  GROUP       Registered
MACHINE-NAME   <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
MACHINE-NAME   <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
TESTDOMAIN     <1E>  GROUP       Registered
LOGONNAME      <03>  UNIQUE      Registered

This 'clearly' states that it is logged on to the correct domain, which
corroborates the logs which state that it is authenticating correctly
with LDAP and receiving policy and Wins information from the server.
What gives is anyone's guess. I have yet to figure out why the machine
is in the network neighborhood in all but nice shiny icon. Chanka, I
will look at your link this weekend - thanks.
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk