[Gllug] Down in the valley something stirred

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jun 2 12:14:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 12:17:12PM +0100, Dylan wrote:
> Labour MEP Arlene McCarthy is Parliament's rapporteur for this Directive
> and along with Labour colleagues will continue to defend the position
> of the Parliament which is: -
>
> ? ? ? ? ?Against patenting of software as in the US.

However I think Ms McCarthy is being either duplicitous or just plain
ignorant about this.  Certainly she used to believe in full
patentability of software - see an email which I posted earlier to
GLLUG[1]

Rich.

[1] sorry, my computer is "up on blocks" at the moment so I can't find
it.

Learning Objective CAML for C, C++, Perl and Java programmers:
http://www.merjis.com/richj/computers/ocaml/tutorial/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk