[Gllug] Linux graphics card

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jun 9 10:14:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:06:55AM +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> And verily, didst Garry Heaton announce to the hordes:
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a fairly modern graphics card for around £70 which will
> > run without too much driver hassle with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels? My
> > experiences with ATI Radeon 9200/9600XT and their Linux driver has been less
> > than satifactory, to put it mildly.
>
> NVidia. Nuff said...
> :)
> Dunno what specs of card you're looking for but there're a few geforce cards
> in your price range.

I don't exactly recommend them, but I've got a GeForce 4 card sitting
on a shelf here which you can have for 20 quid.  It's an MSI card.
Nothing special, but it plays Return to Castle Wolfenstein very
nicely.  You'll have to pick it up from Highbury.

Rich.

PTHRLIB is a library for writing small, efficient and fast servers in C.
HTTP, CGI, DBI, lightweight threads: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/pthrlib/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk