[Gllug] news mirror sites

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jun 28 11:38:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:59:00AM +0100, neil wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I've been thinking about getting some friends in China access to
> 'western news'. I should think the best way to achieve this is run a
> daily mirror of a few sites with alternating IP addresses to avoid
> blocking, with a daily list of addresses mailed out to recipients over
> the great Firewall of China - does anyone know if anything like this
> already exists?

It would be simpler to just set up an http proxy server and give it the
varying addresses.  If you do that, I'd advise you to be paranoid and
turn off logging on the proxy application.  That way you don't have any
potentially incriminating list of who has accessed what from which ip
address.

--
Bruce

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.