[Gllug] Best option for a lot of compute power

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Jun 7 10:35:11 UTC 2004

Richard Jones writes:

>Seriously though, have you looked at using a declarative language to
>search through the space?  Prolog being the obvious choice.

Yep, that was my first thought, too. Languages like Prolog are great
at calculating best fit scenarios[1]. I'm also completely astounded that
anyone could seriously believe that calculating a school time table would
require significant amounts of compute power.

Tet

[1] Which isn't to say I like Prolog -- indeed, I find it quite unpleasant
    to program. But it would seem to be the right tool for this task.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk