[Gllug] Introduction (not really relevant to anything, just saying hello)

1351 1351 at choronzon.com
Mon Jun 21 16:35:47 UTC 2004

Dunno if it's really the done thing to introduce yourself around here,
but if it's not, I don't suppose anyone will have too much trouble
locating their delete key.

*Stands up, suddenly feeling like she's at an NA meeting*

Hi, I'm Kat, and I'm a North London based Linux user...

My current bleeding-edge system (of which I am inordinately proud) is an
Acer Aspire 1502LMi laptop with an Athlon 64 processor beating at its
dark heart, running Slackware-current (10 rc1) with kernel 2.6.7
(And you do not want to know what I had to go through to get the ATI
Radeon in this thing working...)

My primary desktop system is still running Slack 9.1, kernel 2.4.26,
having been callously neglected in favour of the cute little laptop, and
I collect retro computer systems (many of which I've owned since new).

A sampling of my Linux-related interests includes: video editing, audio
composition and recording, web development (PHP and mySQL and CSS, oh
my!), graphic work, gaming (mostly just playing 'em right now, but I've
got about 3 half-written pieces of interactive fiction, and have been
involved in a number of failed attempts to create something much grander
- one day I may succeed), cuddly penguins, and elitism. *g*

I've traditionally found employment in the lighter end of the computer
industry (journalism, multimedia development, &c), but am generally far
too lazy and lacking in togetherness to have a real career path, and
have moonlighted as an unsuccessful author of horror & experimental
fiction, a failed musician, a would-be pornographer, and a bad influence
upon my peers.

Now I've bored you all silly, my work here is done.

Peace out,
K.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk