[Gllug] software patents

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 13:06:36 UTC 2004

I'm just 'phoning round the prospective MPs (well, the party offices) to see what they think
about it. This is a worth while exercise since the party workers will report to the (prospective)
MPs what questions are being asked -- especially if you ask them to do so because you think
that it is the most important issue in Europe at the moment (along with the rest - but don't say that).

UKIP -- Simon Muir called me back 'no formal policy as such by blatently obvious that if we did
   we would be against). Mentioned Open Source foundation, seemed to understand what it was all
   about (including the difference between patents & copyright). He used to work for HP
   (technical marketing).

Greens seem to be against them.

The Labour party man did not know (but I have been asked a few months ago)
Suggest that I call Labour party policy officer: Kirsy_O'Brien at new.labour.org.uk --- trade & industry policy officer

Tory - I didn't bother, they are for patents

Lib Dems
020 7227 1394 - Dr Johnathan Wallace, policy officer - not spoken to him yet.

Find your candidates & links to party web sites:

	http://www.europecounts.org.uk/your_candidate

Please spend 10 mins making a couple of calls (I've just spent 1 hour), it all counts and
your future job could depend on it (unless you intend going to work for Microsoft).

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk