[Gllug] Linux Infodesk Saturdays the one near BT tower

Colin Murphy Colin at SpudULike.me.uk
Thu Jun 3 18:49:04 UTC 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 19:06, Michael Jenson wrote:
> > So, do we have any volunteers who might like to help out and man such an
> > infopoint?
>
> For Tot Court Rd I can do two-three Sat per Month, but will have to have
> the leaflets about GNU, Linux and rest and of course Install Fest and
> GLLUG, supplied by you. Can bring a PC and keyboard mouse each Saturday I
> am there, but need a help with a monitor. So can someone make Open Leaflet
> type thing, and I will sell ? erm, offer services and information. Some
> cheap 15"flat LCD?

I think the idea is to limit it to no more than once a month, at least for
starters.

Jono's website has some details about an infopoint pack, so that's a start.

On the hardware front, does anyone think that any of the traders there might
like us to 'prove' their hardware's Linux compatibility?

Monitors are always going to be a problem, car parking will be at a premium.
Maybe we will just have to struggle through with a couple of laptops.

--
colin at SpudULike.me.uk
I am a man for all seasons, especially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk