[Gllug] EPIA-M with 1GB of memory

Mark Williams mark at aziraphale.homeip.net
Thu Jun 3 21:01:17 UTC 2004

> There is actually a BIOS update.  Unfortunately the installer is a
> .exe.  I'll have to see if there's a way to upgrade the BIOS from
> Linux ...

You could use FreeDOS (see <URL: http://www.freedos.org/>) if you
don't have an idealogical objection to using an implementation of DOS.
I booted it over the network (from a Linux server) on my diskless
EPIA-5000 to update the BIOS after abandoning the tortuous preparation
to see if WINE would do it.

Of course, you'll still have to find a way of getting some memory
recognised to boot an OS from which to run the BIOS update program!

--
Mark
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk