[Gllug] Weird networking problem with 2.6 kernel

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Jun 20 15:03:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 01:52:19PM +0100, adam wrote:
> So what I am trying to say is look out for spanning tree protocol or broken
> vlans on your network equipment although quite why the machine only does this
> with kernel 2.6 is unknown but perhaps your 2.6 kernel has some kind of
> spanning tree or vlan tagging built in (or some other networking option) which
> the 2.4 series kernel doesn't and is causing the problem?

Interesting.  I assumed he was alternating between 2.2 and 2.4, you that
he was switching between 2.6 and 2.4.  Your assumption is more likely to
be correct, come to think of it.  Which is it, John?

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.