Was [Gllug] Best option for a lot of compute power

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Wed Jun 9 08:31:47 UTC 2004

> Following on from this (a little more OT), whats the consensus on
> performance differences between Ultra 320 SCSI & SATA 150?
> I realise these are bus speeds, but how about running 2 disks per bus,
> could these speeds be reached?

As far as I know SATA kan only have one disk per bus. On SCSI you normally
recommend to not exceed half the bus capacity when adding up the sustained
transfer rates of the disks.

But this aside the two protocols are very different and SCSI is a lot more
efficient than ATA. We've had fight here before over this so I won't
comment any more on this :-)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk