[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Mar 21 18:52:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, David Irvine wrote:

> In the past, i've just sellotaped over the hole that designates the
> type, then you can use it in both 1.44Mb and 720K drives without any
> problem.

I doing this to exchange data with someone who is a total technophobe.
It's only possible because the typewriter someone else gave him is not a
complete dinosaur and when I told him it was actually a computer he got
flustered.

I've promised him a simple guide and that it will be really easy for him.
If the disks start throwing up errors he'll lose all faith in what I'm
trying to do.

If, on the other hand, it all works well I hope that he'll build up
confidence and I can give him a real computer with 'net access which will
make my life so much easier.

He's already been told that he must start using email from on high but is
very resistant to the idea (for fairly good reasons).

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk