[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Mar 21 18:55:46 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Chris Bell wrote:

>    They have different magnetic specifications like coercivity, and some
> older drives cannot cope with them. Drives in the older Acorn computers
> could only handle DD discs, later ones could ignore the disc moulding and
> format to whatever you wanted up to about 1600K, which is near to the limit
> for a nominal 2MB unformatted disc. I have not heard of anyone using an
> Acorn with the even higher density formats available in some computers, (up
> to about 2.8MB floppies).

This is for a proprietary "typewriter" system so I am concerned that these
issues may be a problem - particularly as the manual for it has very
specific warnings that HD disks will not work with this system.

It is important that the data exchange is reliable for a number of reasons
so if I can get DSDD disks I can make sure that a potential issue never
arises (I hope).

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk