[Gllug] Light the blue touchpaper...

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 12:38:29 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 Mar 2004 11:33 am, Jason Clifford wrote:
> I am firmly of the opinion that the current drive towards putting computer
> learning first is harming a whole generation's education.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment - I find it disturbing that
most of my peers can't spell and wouldn't know what to do given some paper
and a fountain pen - I wonder whether this project might have been lauded
here if the article had said that all the laptops would ship with Debian
installed...

It's certainly an odd idea though - I'd have thought that kids these days have
more than sufficient exposure to computers and that schemes offering cheap IT
training for adults would be money better spent.

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."
FB53 8184 E61F 3604 FBF3 4CCB EF07 2942 30F2 739E