[Gllug] Urgent Help re USB please

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 12:17:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 08:10:55PM +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> ----------------------------------
> dlpsh -p /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
>
>    ERROR: No such device (19)
>
>    Press the HotSync button first and relaunch this conduit..
>
>    Unable to bind to port: /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
>    Please use --help for more information
> ------------------------------------

On my partners machine her palm attaches to /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 so you
may want to try those devices. Oh and you probably want to check the
permissions on those devices. If trying those devices doesn't work do you want
to mail the output of

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB[01]
ls -l /dev/usb/ttyUSB[01]

to the list as that may give a bit more info.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk