[Gllug] CD writer fault, software problem or is it just disliking me?

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Wed Mar 3 23:47:11 UTC 2004

I am trying to write my backups to CD-RW using cdbackup to effectively
stream them. However, I find that the process sometimes breaks due to cd
record claiming "No disk/wrong disk".

This happens at random but far too much for my liking. Is the drive on
its way out or is this a known problem with cdrecord?

If it is a problem with my drive (which is a BTC 4016IM), I would be
interested in replacing it with a DVD writer (dual standard). Is there
an easy way to accomplish tasks like this to rewritable DVD media?

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk