[Gllug] Email programs and mbox format

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Mar 16 14:55:15 UTC 2004

Sharon Kimble writes:

>Unfortunately I'm stuck with this ext3 format as that is what the distro
>set up its '/' folder system as. But as its a 30 gig drive and i've
>still got 12gig left I'm not too worried about it.

Sigh. This is one of my biggest complaints about modern distributions.
They default to really, really dumb filesystem layouts. It shouldn't
make the slightest bit of difference what fs your root filesystem uses,
because you shouldn't be storing your data on it. There are more than
just religious reasons for me advocating having separate fielsystems
for /var, /usr and so on. There are practical reasons like this, too...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk