[Gllug] SCSI and /dev

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Mar 3 11:01:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:49:28AM +0000, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
> Morning all.
>
> I'm trying to get a tape drive to work. It seems to show up
> in /proc/scsi/scsi as channel 0, id 6, and it's the first
> entry. How can I find out which /dev entry it is?

I believe the tape device number will be assigned sequentially
by the 'st' kernel module. So if you do 'modprobe st' it
should show up at /dev/nst0. At least that's what my tape drive
does & its on channel 1, id 6. Failing that, just try each
/dev/nstX device in turn.

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|