[Gllug] GLLUG Shirts

Pete Ryland pdr at createservices.com
Wed Mar 3 10:58:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:02:56PM +0000, Sarah Ewen wrote:
> Is using HTML to bring a little colour, shape and life into
> a simple email such an evil thing to do when the MIME type is set?

<lowest-form-of-humour>
Yes.  I'm of the opinion that we should all just send base64-encoded
non-standard-conforming amateurishly-laid-out pdf files instead of
plain-text content.  One can send much more flowery emails then, and you
don't need to worry about all those pesky people reading your mail on their
PDAs/phones/braille-readers/etc because they simply won't be able to
(they'll just incur a large gprs bill at the end of the month instead).
Alternatively, so that *everyone* can read the mail, even if they don't have
a pdf reader, also attach a tiff file containing an image of the pdf.  What
do you mean that's worse?
</lowest-form-of-humour>

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk