[Gllug] Is there any danger that Evolution will go away again (Debian)

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 13:05:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:12:15AM -0000, john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:
> Is there any danger of it disappearing again?  Could I one day type
> "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" and find that 2 minutes later I'm
> Evolution-less again?

"apt-get upgrade" will never remove evolution.

       upgrade
              upgrade is used to install the newest  versions  of
              all packages currently installed on the system from
              the sources  enumerated  in  /etc/apt/sources.list.
              Packages  currently  installed  with  new  versions
              available are retrieved and upgraded; under no cir­
              cumstances   are   currently   installed   packages
              removed,  or   packages   not   already   installed
              retrieved  and installed. New versions of currently
              installed packages that cannot be upgraded  without
              changing the install status of another package will
              be left at their current version. An update must be
              performed first so that apt-get knows that new ver­
              sions of packages are available.

Regards,

Paul Cupis
paul at cupis.co.uk