[Gllug] amavis/postfix/SA/bayes...

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Mon Mar 15 13:49:44 UTC 2004

Problem:  I want to see what is in my bayes_* files using 'sa-learn --dump
magic' but it cant find my bayes files, probably due to slight mix of
package installs.

You'll have to excuse me if this all sounds terribly ignorant but i'm trying
to get a better understanding of how it all fits together....
(cpan/perl-moduls/rpms etc)

I was using SA 2.63 (perl-Mail-SpamAssasin), but SA 2.55mdk was also
installed, so i removed 2.55 and 2.63 using 'urpme', but amavis seemed quite
happy to carry on doing its jobs tagging email etc.. even though i had
removed SA ?? (howcome?)

Then i found 2.63mdk on rpmfind.net, downloaded and attempted an install.
It gave error 'due to unsatisfied perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NetSet)'.

So i went onto cpan and installed SA 2.63.

How do i uninstall modules installed through cpan ?

When i issue 'su - user1' (user which runs amavis) and 'sa-learn --dump
magic' i get ...

sh-2.05b$ sa-learn --dump magic
Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdLearn.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl
5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/5.
8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_p
erl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vend
or_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at /usr/bin/sa-learn line 43.

but find / -name CmdLearn.pm  yields...

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdLearn.pm

Is that some kind of PATH problem ?

Some questions, does amavis use an internal version of spamassassin (or does
it call /usr/bin/spamassassin)?  If using a gateway/relay whats the easiest
way to train bayes, i.e how do i give it emails that are stored in
exchange/outlook ?

Cheers,
Kristian

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk