[Gllug] amavis/postfix/SA/bayes...

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Mon Mar 15 13:56:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 13:49, Kristian Davies wrote:
> Problem:  I want to see what is in my bayes_* files using 'sa-learn --dump
> magic' but it cant find my bayes files, probably due to slight mix of
> package installs.

Use the --path option to set this.  The path should be set in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf or thereabouts.

> Then i found 2.63mdk on rpmfind.net, downloaded and attempted an install.
> It gave error 'due to unsatisfied perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NetSet)'.

Ah the wonders of RPM based distros :)

Either use your package manager to install things or don't.  If you
don't you should expect these kinds of problems.  Mixing installation
methods is a recipe for disaster.

> Some questions, does amavis use an internal version of spamassassin (or does
> it call /usr/bin/spamassassin)?

The latter.

> If using a gateway/relay whats the easiest
> way to train bayes, i.e how do i give it emails that are stored in
> exchange/outlook ?

If you can dig the emails out of Outlook in either RFC822 or mbox format
then sa-learn can read them directly.

Regards

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd