[Gllug] USB to serial converters

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sun Mar 7 03:01:32 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I need to attach a serial device to a laptop which has no serial port. I
guess the way to go is a USB to serial converter, but I'm reticent to
shell out for something which might not work...

So, do these things require a driver module to sort out the connection,
or should I be able to direct the app's output to /dev/ttyUSBx and
expect the system to sort it out?

TIA
Dylan

                                  -Benjamin Franklin