[Gllug] ezmlm status?

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Mar 11 15:53:17 UTC 2004

> Hi folks,
>
> For mailing list software that seems to still be fairly widely used,
> ezmlm seems pretty dead. The website doesn't resolve, there are barely
> any mirrors left, and it's not easy to get from anywhere these days -
> you seem to have to start by reading google's cache.
>
> What happened? Was it dropped because qmail is becoming less popular?
> Was there something in particular that happened? Have Fred Lindberg and
> Dan Bernstein gone into hiding?
>
> I was going to set up some stuff using it - and try out the QMQP
> support in postfix stuff - but is it worth bothering?

I wouldn't.  I went off EZMLM when I was subscribed to a list run with it
(the Knoppix CD vendors list) without my permission and spent over 6
months trying to get unsubscribed.  All right, much of the blame must
attach to the person who set up the list, but the situation wasn't helped
by EZMLM not working as documented when it came to unsubscribing.  It
seems to be unsupported and buggy - keep your distance.
Mailman is highly recommended.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk