[Gllug] Thunderbird, procmail and new mail

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Sat Mar 13 12:59:18 UTC 2004

Murray wrote:
> Problem
>   When new mail arrives from the list, Thunderbird doesn't notify me.
>   It does when new mail arrives in the (default) INBOX

I have not half an hour ago had to find out the answer to the same question.

You can either get the folder properties of individual folders and mark
"Check this folder.." or you can add
user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); to the user.js file.

> I'm a bit un-clear about the notion of folder "subscriptions", as they
> don't appear to make a blind bit of difference to anything.  I'm just
> starting to play with Courier, so maybe it's something I need to enable
> there?

In theory no. Only bad IMAP clients show unsubscribed folders without
explicitely being told to (some clients have a "Show unsubscribed
folders" option. 'T' in mutt iirc). Otherwise unsubscribed folders
should not be listed in the main view.

> Mutt, of course, works wonderfully

Of course.

Matthew