[Gllug] Thunderbird, procmail and new mail

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sat Mar 13 13:20:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 12:57:38PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> Mutt is not a particularly good IMAP client, IMHO. It doesn't cache
> headers (unless new versions have started doing this), so it's really
> slow.

It can be slow switching between folders, though that depends to a great
extent on your particular set-up.  It isn't slow to work within folders,
though, since it caches the changes you make and only updates
periodically or when you force it.  In general, I've found Mutt to have
much more reliable IMAP support than GUI clients.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.