[Gllug] D-Link DSL-300T ADSL Modem

Sharon Kimble sharon63 at lineone.net
Sun Mar 28 12:47:10 UTC 2004

Having previously owned a netgear dg834 which died on me after 2.5
months, I'm now considering replacing it with the above model.

I'm currently using a usb modem [under MS windows <spit, spit> which I
really dislike] which is not recognized by my installation of Mandrake
9.2, hence the need for an ethernet modem.

Does anyone know of any problems, 'gotchas', glitches, or anything good
about either this modem or D-link itself please?

And the netgear modem is going back to them as it is still under a
2-year warranty. And although netgear says that it supports linux, if
you want to upgrade the software inside the modem, you have to use MS
windows =only=.

Sharon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk