[Gllug] Cyrusn IMAP Shared Folders

Matthew King matthew.king at seamlessrecruitment.com
Thu Mar 25 19:18:38 UTC 2004

Matthew King wrote:
> Unfortunately the feature Courier has which Cyrus seems to miss is the
> ability to deliver into these shared folders. Cyrus only wants to
> deliver to real users (under the "user." hierarchy) and not to extra
> mailboxes (ie. the "shared." hierarchy)

As a bit of a response to myself (well as an entire response to myself)
I have managed to achieve the desired effect by creating a user with
enough rights to write to the relevant folders.

Unfortunately this is not the desired method - creating a user (in the
mail system - unix users is a different story) to recieve mail which is
not destined for any user seems kludgy in the extreme.

Matthew

--
o? K++ w--- O-- M V? PS+>+++ PE-- Y+>++ PGP++@ t+ 5- X- R tv b+++>++++
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk