qmail dead ? was: [Gllug] ezmlm status?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Mar 18 16:18:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> I don't think that does what Tet was referring to.  I'm quite sure it
> doesn't.  Sender-based routing is where you decide how to route a
> message (i.e. what the next delivery step is, local or remote) based on
> the sender address or host.  All you can do with
> smtpd_sender_restrictions is limit what Postfix will accept in the MAIL
> command: you can't affect which transport will be used.

I know what sender based routing is and your wrong - you can do it using
smtpd_sender_restrictions but you have to use a FILTER: hack to accomplish
it.

When postfix forwards a message for filtering all it does is route it to
the specified filter intact.

I've implemented per-user filtering using this mechanism for something
else (not on UKFSN) and it does work.

I wasn't aware of the mechanism you described and if your description is
accurare it's not something I'd touch.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk