[Gllug] Linux Party!

Brian Teeman brian at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 26 18:43:26 UTC 2004

yOn Fri, 26 Mar 2004 adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 12:46:51PM +0000, Brian Teeman wrote:
> >
> > > On Mar 25, 2004 at 21:04, Dean praised the llamas by saying:

> > £15 = expensive ???
>
> It is when you are unemployed and you still have to arrange train tickets and
> accomodation etc. etc. :) (and that is x2 for me and my gf as she will be on
> the AFFS stand too) tbh, thats why I havn't purchased any tickets yet.

Arent AFFS paying your expenses??

> > The party is free it is the three course meal at Pizza Express that costs
> > £15.
>
> Now I am a bit confused http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/ says that it is ticket
> only and the tickets are £15 each, but to attend the free party you need a
> ticket?

To clarify.

I was responding to feedback from the last expo by organising a meal near
to the expo and for as low a price as feasible in London.

I did check with several people from various different .org before booking
the venue to see if they thought the price was reasonable etc.

The reason for stressing that tickets must be purchased before the vent is
that I have to tell Pizza Express the numbers. Otherwise I am persoanly
out of pocket.

If we get a speaker, which we hope to do, then anyone is welcome to
attend for that.

Brian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk