[Gllug] Linux Party!

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 22:04:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 06:43:26PM +0000, Brian Teeman wrote:
> yOn Fri, 26 Mar 2004 adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:

> Arent AFFS paying your expenses??

They would do but I would feel bad if I got too drunk on the first night and
didn't make it for the second day of the show ;) Also we don't have a huge
amount of cash so paying everyones expenses would make it an expensive
proposition. Of course if everyone on this list joined the AFFS then we could
probably afford to pay more expenses (hint, hint, url in .sig) ;)

> To clarify.
>
> I was responding to feedback from the last expo by organising a meal near
> to the expo and for as low a price as feasible in London.
>
> I did check with several people from various different .org before booking
> the venue to see if they thought the price was reasonable etc.
>
> The reason for stressing that tickets must be purchased before the vent is
> that I have to tell Pizza Express the numbers. Otherwise I am persoanly
> out of pocket.
>
> If we get a speaker, which we hope to do, then anyone is welcome to
> attend for that.
>
> Brian

Thats fantastic, I just wanted a clarification really as did a couple of other
people as to what was actually going on.

Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem