[Gllug] RAID Help

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Tue Mar 30 08:44:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:26:47 +0100 (BST)
wendy carr <wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> So i have installed redhat 9 with /,swap,/boot and
> /home(where all the mbox's will be).I used mdadm to
> create raid devices.But i cant seem to create raids on
> partitions when they are mounted, so i was unable to
> create raid on my /home and /.

Re-install it. There are some tools in the install process to allow you to set
up software RAID. There on the same screen as the part where you set up the
partitions and filesystems, there should be a tab called RAID.

Adding software RAID to a machine after it has been installed is possible, but
painful, and should be avoided in most circumstances.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk