[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Mar 22 15:28:48 UTC 2004

"Henrik Morsing" writes:

>> Using password authentication?
>
>I don't think people here understand what it means to work on secure systems!
>
>No, you don't use password authentication.
>No, you don't open xterms on the servers and cope&paste
>No, X libraries, NFS libraries, etc aren't installed
>No, you don't just install this or that to do what you wan't

I think I understand *exactly* what it means to work on a secure system.

But explain to me how you believe ssh public key authentication to be
more secure than ssh password authentication. With public keys, you can
restrict the commands that are run, certainly. But you need to already
be logged onto the machine to be able to configure that. How do you
propose doing that without a password?

>I even work on servers that are not allowed any access at all to our
>networks. When a new user is needed, a CD with keys on it is couriered
>to us to install on these servers.

And how exactly is an SSH key useful on a machine without a network
connection? I mean, it's certainly secure, but...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk