[Gllug] Thunderbird, procmail and new mail

Murray gllug at minty.org
Sat Mar 13 12:18:10 UTC 2004

(resending, as I sent /from/ wrong address last time ... bah )

Help/pointers ... ?

Setup
   Debian stable
   fetchmail -> procmail -> Courier
   Mailing lists caught by procmail & dropped into a MailDirs sub-folder.
   Thunderbird on the client

Problem
   When new mail arrives from the list, Thunderbird doesn't notify me.
   It does when new mail arrives in the (default) INBOX

The mail *is* going to the relevent "new" folder.  If I click the folder
(in TB) *then* it shows up as a new message.

I'm a bit un-clear about the notion of folder "subscriptions", as they
don't appear to make a blind bit of difference to anything.  I'm just
starting to play with Courier, so maybe it's something I need to enable
there?

Mutt, of course, works wonderfully, but won't suit all users.  Although
again, is there a way in Mutt to be notified when new mail arrives in
another folder?

Thanks.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk