[Gllug] XFree86 4.4.0 + GCC 3.3.2

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 14:55:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Jack Richards spake:
> As it happened, a chap kindly pointed out that it actually worked for him and
> so I knew the problem lay outside the source code. I found a bug in the SuSE
> professional 8.2 package management software that hadn't uninstalled the
> previous version of gcc correctly ! fixed that and away we go.

Ah, compiler driver (in /usr/bin) from one version of GCC and tooldir
(/usr/lib/gcc/*/*) from another?

Yep, that'd cause problems all right.

In fact, I doubt the driver would even start because without its specs
file (in, you guessed it, the tooldir) it's a bit stuck for things to
do. (There's an emergency compiled-in default, but *that* references the
tooldir as well...)

--
`The game proceeds with people picking up cards in turn, and every so
 often this is punctuated with a church council when everyone goes mad
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk