[Gllug] distributed filesystems linux <-> solaris

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Wed Mar 31 19:51:57 UTC 2004

On Wed 31 Mar Ian Northeast wrote:
> With the server on Solaris (and indeed AIX) and the client on Linux, I
> have seen problems ranging from poor performance to total lockups unless
> the Linux defaults are overridden to "rsize=8192,wsize=8192". The man
> page recommends this anyway. With this setting I have had no trouble
> with either Solaris or AIX servers and Linux clients. The only total

FWIW I would concur.  I've got a whole bunch of Linux servers mounting
NFS from Solaris with no problem (including home partitions, which get
quite a hammering sometimes).  No problems with the rsize/wsize mantra
Ian mentions.

NFS is famous for being difficult and temperamental though.  A reliable
alternative would be most useful.

doug.

--
   http://adju.st   | Here's something to think about:
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | How come you never see a headline like
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk