[Gllug] Light the blue touchpaper...

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Mar 17 11:26:52 UTC 2004

Who me? Start another 'computers for schools' thread?

Saw this on the TV news last night. They featured a class
of primary school kids, with rather nice (I think) Vaio laptops.
But I did think it rather sad that children aren't learning
the 'pen and paper' methods first. One child said it was much
faster to draw using the computer.

Me, and I'm no artist, I guess you have to walk before you can
run. Working with animators and operators in Soho made me realise
that all these guys are principally artists - the computer is
a medium they master. They could produce art with a worn down
pencil and a used envelope if pushed.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk