[Gllug] External drive enclosures

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sun Mar 14 02:47:09 UTC 2004

Hi All,

My father had a 20G IDE drive which he wants to take from a machine and
put into an external USB enclosure. The drive is already partitioned
and contains data.

Can I expect the drive to be recognised correctly (i.e. have its current
partitioning scheme and data) after the change? I remember having a
parrallel port external drive with an IDE drive in it which showed
garbled directory listings when installed internally. FWIW the box is
currently Win98 and the external unit will be used on WinXP.

Cheers

Dylan

                                  -Benjamin Franklin
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk