[Gllug] Cyrusn IMAP Shared Folders

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Mar 25 23:35:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:04:47PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> No clue - I'm quoting hearsay, where someone on the Cyrus mailing list
> mentioned that they were moving to sendmail as nothing else supported
> pass-through of AUTH from SMTP->LMTP. If was certainly mentioned that
> Postfix developers were actively against this, sendmail just did it
> automatically unless specifically instructed not to, and Exim wasn't
> discussed at all.
>
> I'd be curious to know if anyone actually has it working with anything
> other than sendmail, just for future reference.

Now I think about it, Exim may support this without any special tricks,
as it supports the passing of AUTH from SMTP to SMTP (the optional AUTH
argument to the MAIL verb, that is) and LMTP can be treated as a drop-in
replacement identically to SMTP in Exim.

--
Bruce

I am now a little wary of bananas.